Today's Vegan MoFo theme is "focus on a nutrient" so I, uh, made Oreo cheesecake with speculoos cookie crust and aquafaba marshmallow topping. I'm sure there's AT LEAST one nutrient in here. We'll go with "sugar."
Not only is this cheesecake filled with Oreos and real vanilla bean paste, in addition, the crust is made with crushed Biscoff cookies. You know, these! Maybe you've had them on airplanes, or enjoyed them in cookie butter version from Trader Joe's or under the brand name Lotus. It's basically peanut butter, except made with sweet graham cracker-like cookies.
The Marshmallow Fluff recipe I used is from Seitan is My Motor. Also, if you're using vanilla bean paste, you can find it at a specialty grocery store, or on Amazon. I've used Nielsen Massey brand, and it was great.
Get the recipe:
- 1 ½ cups speculoos cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup vegan margarine
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 8- ounce tubs vegan cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 Oreos, chopped
- ½ batch Marshmallow Fluff from Seitan is My Motor, or other vegan marshmallow fluff
- Chocolate chips
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F, then grease or spray a 9-inch pie plate.
- Mix all of the crust ingredients in a medium bowl. If the mixture is too crumbly, add a splash of soy milk.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then let cool. Leave the oven on for the next part.
For the filling:
- Stir together all ingredients except the Oreos, mixing well to combine.
- Fold in the Oreos, stirring to just combine (too much stirring will make the filling gray).
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes. Let cool before assembling.
- Prepare the Marshmallow Fluff. Pipe or dollop the fluff atop the cheesecake, then garnish with Oreos and chocolate chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information presented within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on seitanbeatsyourmeat.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimates.
Finally, what is your favorite flavor of cheesecake? Did you like cheesecake before becoming vegan (I didn't!)?
? Pin it for later: