This chocolate chip cookie sandwich is filled with Oreo frosting and rolled in sprinkles. They’re great anytime you need sugar on sugar on chocolate! The chocolate chip cookies are soft baked and slightly chewy. Set some cookies aside to enjoy on their own.
These chocolate chip cookie sandwiches are great for kids parties (or any kind of party). Sneak some away into the freezer so you can grab one anytime the a craving strikes. If you really wanted to take them over the top, freeze bits of cookie dough and add them to the frosting with the cookie crumbles.
Get the recipe:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
Oreo or Oreo-like cookies, chopped and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie trays with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Combine canola oil, sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, non-dairy milk, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Stir until mixed.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until almost combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until the chips are evenly distributed.
- Take 2-3 tablespoon-sized portions of cookie dough and drop on the cookie sheets, evenly spaced.
- Bake an even amount of cookies (for 2 halves for each sandwich cookie). Press down slightly and bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting. Combine the shortening and margarine in a large bowl or stand mixer. Whip with a paddle attachment, an electric hand mixer, or by hand.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing after each addition.
- Add the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract.
- Continue whipping until fluffy, 5-6 minutes. Fold in the Oreo cookie crumbles.
- To assemble the cookies, spread a spoonful of frosting on one cookie half. Top with another cookie half.
- Pour the sprinkles in a bowl, then roll the edges of the cookie sandwiches in the sprinkles so they stick around the edges. Enjoy!
- If you don't want to make cookie sandwiches, you can simply dip the chocolate chip cookies in the frosting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information presented within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on seitanbeatsyourmeat.com should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimates.
The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur is coming out in less than 2 weeks (but you can get it now)!
The chocolate chip cookie and buttercream frosting recipes from the chocolate chip cookie sandwich are adapted from the Soft Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie and Basic Buttercream Frosting recipes in The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur. The publisher, Skyhorse Publishing, Inc., is releasing a new, paperback version of the book that comes out on June 7th, 2016! You can now purchase (no more waiting for a pre-order!) the book on Amazon HERE. Find out more about the book in a former blog post here.