So it’s been nearly a week since Vegan Thanksgiving and maybe you still have leftovers. Or you don’t, and will file this recipe away for next year. Thanksgiving leftovers typically go in a sandwich or straight into your face, but have you ever thought of putting them on a pizza?
Thanksgiving Leftovers Pizza
Leftovers pizza is much better than a leftovers sandwich. It’s a giant open-faced leftovers sandwich topped with melty cheese and roasted in the oven. This is how I used my Thanksgiving leftovers, and it may or may not have been devoured in a day and a half.
This recipe is more of a set of guidelines because you can use whatever leftovers you have. That’s the beauty of it. Using gravy instead of marinara set the stage for all of your chopped roasted veggies, mashed potato dollops, and sliced not-turkey roast. Cover the toppings with cheese and chopped garlic to take this back to pizza land, and indulge in Vegan Thanksgiving: The Sequel. Maybe even make a Deep Dish Thanksgiving Leftovers Pizza? Whoa.
- Your favorite pizza dough recipe for 1 pie, prepared
- 1 1/2 cups gravy (this is your sauce)
- Seitan or Tofurky-type roast, sliced
- Dollops of mashed potatoes, regular and sweet potato
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Green beans
- Cranberry sauce
- Vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Dried rubbed sage
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Roll out your pizza dough and place on a baking sheet or pizza stone sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Spread gravy all over your rolled out pizza dough. Top with all of your preferred toppings.
- Cover with vegan cheese (you may want to go light on this since the pizza already has a lot going on), then sprinkle with chopped garlic, sage, and pepper.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, depending on the size and shape of your pizza, or until the crust is golden.
- Slice and eat with your leftover desserts from Thanksgiving. Perhaps even serve your slices with sides of gravy and cranberry sauce to really go all out.
Here it is in all its glory:
What is your favorite way to use your Thanksgiving leftovers?
📌 Pin it for later: